REDVET is international , non-governmental and nonprofit, association for research and development of vocational education and training (VET). Founders of REDVET are academicians, VET experts and businessmen. Number of members is 16. Scope of work of REDVET focuses on vocational education, employment of youngsters, vocational career counseling for youngsters, adult training, career guidance and assestment&evalutaion of qualification (RPL,VPL,APL), non-formal education from secondary level to in-service trainings of companies or organizations. REDVET has dedicated its human capacity to only education and training and related work area.
Founders and members are willing to concentrate their knowledge only in education and willing to increase their capacity building by involving EU VET, employment and youth policies.
REDVET holds its action at policy and socail level. At policy level, it carries out activities by developing theory, research, report and systemic approach. At social level, REDVET deliveres training (VET, TVET, CVET and training of trainers) courses, career guidance, youth initiatives and social organizations.
With a substantial and growing membership, it is committed to:
- furthering the contribution of educational research to the development of Turkish education and training policy
- independently reviewing educational research priorities
- promoting independent and significant research in education and training, with due regard for the intellectual property rights of researchers
- raising the profile of educational research in the academic and training communities
- promoting training in research methods for those working in or with the VET sector
- providing platforms for the dissemination of research findings.
REDVET's areas of activity:
- Undertaking a strategic program of education and training research, including the management of national competitive grants programs and collects and analyze national VET statistics and survey data.
- Collecting and publishing research findings on VET and higher education.
- Disseminating the results of research and data analysis.
- Building links with similar international organizations to foster comparative analysis and collaborate on issues of mutual interest.
- Undertaking commercial consultancies.
REDVET training commission is responsible to create and adopt innovative formal and non-formal training programs and methodology using for and by youth.
REDVET conducts monitoring and research work, organizes various non-formal educational and cultural activities, including round tables, seminars, trainings, exchanges for youth groups in the community.